Sprott Enhanced Equity Class
Effective August 1, 2017 Ninepoint Partners LP bought the Canadian Diversified Assets of Sprott Asset Management LP (SAM).
John Wilson joined SAM in January 2012 with over 25 years of investment and business experience. Previously, he was Chief Investment Officer at Cumberland Private Wealth Management. Prior to that, John founded DDX Capital Partners, an alternative investment management firm; was Managing Director and a top-rated technology analyst* at RBC Capital Markets; and previously, a Director at UBS Canada.
John earned his Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from Queen’s University, and is an MBA graduate of The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania.
* Brendan Wood International, top rated in 1999 and 2000
|Issue Price||$10.00 per Unit|
Ordinary Dividends Paid in December; Capital Gains Dividends Paid in February; Distributions are Reinvested Automatically. For Series T and FT shares, shareholders will receive a target monthly distribution of 6% per annum.
SPR 430 - FE (A)
|$USD Fund Codes||SPR 454 - A (LL)
SPR 456 - T (LL)
SPR 447 - A (FE)
SPR 455 - T (FE)
SPR 448 - F
SPR 457 - FT
full details on $USD funds
|Nature of Securities||Shares of a Class of a Mutual Fund Corporation|
|Type of Fund||Canadian Focused Equity|
|Minimum Initial Investment||$1,000 CDN|
|Minimum Subsequent Investment||$25 CDN|
|Minimum Investment Term||20 days (1.5% penalty)|
|Management Fee||2.00% (Series A) 1.00% (Series F)|
|Performance Fee||10% of Excess over blended benchmark index|
|Eligible for Registered Plans||Yes|
|Investor Risk Tolerance||Low to Medium|
Fund ObjectiveThis Class seeks to achieve long-term capital growth by investing primarily in Canadian and U.S. equity securities. The Class provides downside protection through the use of option strategies and tactical changes to the amount of its equity exposure, and is suitable for investors with a long-term time horizon.
Why Invest in the Sprott Enhanced Equity Class?
- Experience and expertise - Prior to joining Ninepoint Partners, John managed assets exclusively for high net worth investors, and had a demonstrated track record of index-beating performance;
- Versatile - The Class is designed to weather today's volatile investment environment; the manager utilizes a flexible and opportunistic approach to maximize absolute returns;
- Growth with downside protection - John has a disciplined investment process that focuses on capital preservation and risk management: limited number of holdings, tactical allocations to cash, equity option strategies and short selling;
- Core equity holding - The Class provides an actively managed solution, ideal for investors seeking conservative growth;
- Tax-efficiency - As part of Sprott Corporate Class Inc., investors have the flexibility of switching to other share classes on a tax-deferred basis.
The indicated rates of return for series A/class A securities of the Funds are based on the historical annual compounded total returns including changes in unit/share value and reinvestment of all distributions or dividends and does not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by any security holder that would have reduced returns. Investment funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated. This communication does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation to purchase securities of the Funds.